Thursday, July 21, 2011

do you smell that?

It's quite wonderful to me how just listening to a song from my past can fill my mind with beautiful images of what used to be. It can be almost eery because I find I don't just remember these events that occurred while listening to specific songs but I start to believe I can smell the atmosphere, whether it be the spice of a cinnamon stick or the stench of burning firewood filling my lungs. Its strange to me just thinking of these things at this very moment pops images of playing scrabble in a friends cabin in the woods straight into my train of thought. I try very hard most days to live in the moment and focus on what's going on around me but I find it hard when I'm just driving and I have to pull myself away from daydreaming of old days. I always used to think I had a terrible memory and that I could never recall things that happened to me as a child but I believe its in those quiet moments where I am alone that I fall so deep into my own head that the images some how reappear as if they just happened yesterday. I'm not necessarily saying this is a bad thing but it can be quite the distraction. I am coming to the conclusion as I am writing this that this may explain my a.d.d moments. While I am almost certain that this does pertain to it.  Well there you have it, just a little insight into my brain... the a.d.d daydreamer. Vincent says goodnight. xx





No comments:

Post a Comment