I've been feeling quite sour lately (maybe its this minus degree weather I don't know) so I figured I'd brighten my day with a little beach boys. Enjoy the Escape.
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Sunday, January 15, 2012
Monday, January 9, 2012
Mondays can be a tough one for me... getting back into my early morning routines after enjoying my playtime over the weekend I generally need more then just a coffee to get me going. Cue the music.... literally... I step into the office get my coffee and put my headphones on... Today I've started my day with Black Rebel Motorcycle Club... the BRMC album... fav song Aya. Enjoy.
Wednesday, January 4, 2012
So if you know me I'm not exactly one to go to the gym everyday.... or ever. The extent of my workout routine is hot yoga which I think is pretty good but lets be honest... I haven't gone in a long time. With all this in mind I figure may as well get my ass into gear and start making myself sweat (RESOLUTION #5 Try to sweat at least once a day.... yup I just made that one up now) So I downloaded this AMAZING little thing called the Nike Training App... if you have not heard of it go download it NOW.. seriously! Why would anyone have a trainer or go to the gym when Nike has made it this easy to get yourself into serious shape. Anyways so today is Day 2 of me trying it out, the first workout I did was called the Butt Buster and I only had to do it for 15min.... and yes my ass most definitely felt busted this morning! Today I did a 30min workout called Full Action. See the more you workouts you do you get more workout rewards along the way. Another rad thing about the app is that your fav athletes (example: Laura Enever) have their own workout routines for you to try... so if you're dying for killer surfer arms you can just follow her routine and she'll get you there. ANYWAYS I'm kind of falling asleep here since my Nike Trainer kicked my ass. Goodnight and Goodluck. And watch this video if you need to get stoked on sweating.
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
New year's bring new ideas... new goals... and a new sense of ourselves. We take this time to re-evaluate our lives and see what we can do to better ourselves. I myself am doing just that... mind you it has taken me three days to figure out exactly what that might consist of and I sure as hell still don't fully have a plan but I have ideas... and thats all I need for now. So thus far my "New Years Resolutions" as we call them are-
1. Read one book a month: I feel more inspired when I am consistently reading, I like being forced to use my imagination. With this goal who knows where my imagination will take me.
2. LOVE: sounds silly and simple but damn its hard... In general I would just like to be nicer to people not necessarily just friends and family but show love to strangers, you never know what might be going on in their life.
3. Be Creative- CREATE: I want knit more, learn to crochet a blanket, learn to sew, make jewelry, play an instrument. Creating is a way to make your soul grow
4. Say Yes to Adventure: I find we get lazy in our day to day lives so this year I want to experience everything and anything... whether its road trips or pottery classes... the more you do the more you learn
5. BE A BETTER BLOGGER: this one I just decided upon today... I kind of threw my blog aside and decided I didn't care anymore... aka I became lazy.... so HOPEFULLY I am going to try to get into a routine of sharing my day to day inspirations with you in hopes that maybe I will inspire you
At the end of the day we all just want to better ourselves.. and this is my small way of starting that process. I'm stoked. You should be too. Life's short. Be Happy.